PSLE Seminar - 3rd June to 5th June


My biggest weakness - I take things for granted without knowing it.

Group 4!
For the past 3 days - Wed, Thurs, Fri. I have learnt something new that will probably stay with me forever.


This is my first time doing public camp as a coach and also the second workshop i am doing for akltg' superkids. It is a massive workshop of akltg with 500 participants in cooperation with mediacorp radio fms like warna and oli -a malay and indian radio fm. Hence, a preponderance of the participants are malay and indian primary sixes.

Although the concept and theory part are similar to the Si Ling primary school which i went for on monday and tuesday. But for this workshop, i learnt a new chapter.

With 500 kids and limited coaches, each group have 30-40 participants. At first, i had 41 participants, but due to over population, i was forced to discard 11 to the other group, but still there are still come cuties who came back and looked for me.. " Alex Alex/Cher Cher, i dont want go that group, they very rude one, keep saying those vulgarities" Imagine that sentence in a primary six tone and innocent face. How cute! :D

Basically in these 3 days workshop, Although i am a coach but i also put myself as a participant at times. I understand how important it is to have a high self esteem and how i think of myself. Currently, i am a person who gets easily upset bcos i do care much on how others think of me. But think of it, what for? This is the area i need to work on.

Also, there was this session which made me reflect on my actions that i have done to my parents. I get into quarrels with my parents easily, i always feel that they cared for me too much. i feel bad in every quarrels but i did not know what to do. Think of it, my parents wont care much if they dont love me.

This session, i teared. Before the session, i knew it was coming and i told myself that i must be strong and not a single drop of tear to be rolled out. But still, yea u know. From this, what i have actually learnt is that they are more than the average point of their life already, if we doesnt cherish them whole heartedly right now, then when am i going to do that? I will live with regrets if i only realise when they are in the coffin. Its easy to say here, but when it happens again, it would not be that easy. Walk the talk and i need to improve on my communication with my parents.

That was my personal life learning part. I have also learnt things from the students that i am taking in my group 4. Total of 32 students, with me and Jacelyn in the group. 2 coach to manage one big group isnt easy in the first place. To get to know them and their malay and indian names. To communicate with them often, bond and make them feel motivated, we need to have a high energy level always.

From Trainer Ramesh, he said, once the workshop starts, the "show" starts. We have to put on a high level of energy for more than 10 hours with 12 year old kids. As i said before, they are easy to please, but hard to control. How to control them well but not too tight is also not easy with 32 participants.

Also, How to Rar Rar the participants to cheer them on and energetic. What i experienced is that, when they have questions, they will go like"Alex Alex! or Cher Cher!" Then i go to him/her. While i am attending to that person, the next person goes the same thing, "Alex Alex!/Cher Cher!" Then i told them, "one min". Then after 5seconds, they go the same thing, then more and more students will go the same thing. This is a challenge.

Overall, i feel that my group of 32 students are actually well behaved, cooperative, enthusiastic and participative. I have students from my group going up on stage to answer questions and take part in games, i was really happy to see them up there with their group cheering them down the stage when all of them have just met each other for the first time. In this group, I was amazed with a student. I have this student call Nadiah from my group who is really good in drawing. She draw things like drawing cartoon, probably better than cartoon too. What actually touched me was that at the end of the workshop, she gave me a paper with a drawing of me and another coach with some dialogues which is really cute. I feel so sweet and touched receiving this little token from the participant which make me feel that what i am doing is appreciated.

Also! Not forgetting the nice people i have met - new coaches, trainers and of cos adam khoo. I have learnt alot from the trainers and adam khoo. I am a coach, not only did i guide my group, but i have learnt new things along the way with other awesome coaches! It was a fantastic journey these 3 days.

I will be starting another new coaching and learning journey tomorrow all the way till tuesday. 6th to 9th June. Also, its akltg workshop - I am gifted, so are you. I believe it would be a more challenging camp and also a new chapter (:



PSLE Seminar!


Dance Competition! my group student is in the middle (:


Thats the drawing of me by a participant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.