Ready?



Opportunities are widely opened,
but only reserved for those who are ready.
I realised I am not ready.

During SMU Interview, I was reflecting on my 3 years poly classroom life on how I behaved in class. Then I think again, am I a university person? I am playful and likes to take it easy in the class. I seldom attend to my tutorials. But I want to bring my education to the next level. I want it but I know I aint ready.

The consequences of unreadiness is that you see how others who are on the go and ready, how simple they can do it. There will be a little inferior mindset flooding for sometime.

Well, Its over. Dont dwell on things that are over. Nothing can be changed. Its an experience that i take with me and be able to share with others.

1) English Test
- Compre 30 mins. A comprehension passage that certainly gonna squeeze your brain juices with the familiar yet lost-touched vocabularies, together with questions that ensures to be difficult for you. Not easy, really not easy. 4 questions and about 3-4 sentences expected answer for each. The last question was asked us to rebut the author, even though how good u felt the passage was, try to find a way through to find any weak spot.

- Compo 45 mins. 2 questions choose 1. An Open question that you can use it as an expository or maybe narrative and another one an argumentative. The last time i did a compo was 2007 GCE O levels. Vocabs were stucked, felt like a rusty dictionary that cant do much.

2) Reading Article Small Group Discussion.
A 15 mins discussion then straight to the interview room where the reading article will then be rediscussed with 2 professors and some questions that they ask.

- Who are you & whats your passion?
- What are your views on gap year? And would you go for gap year?
- If you were the dean of SMU, would you make work experience a criteria to enter SMU?
- Why SMU is the right choice?

I made a mistake on not answering one of the question earlier as I was skipped for one. I did make some good points clear out though, hopefully I was recognised by those.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.