Everyone needs someone


Behind every sad occasion, every bad feeling,
behind every tear streaming down your cheek,
there is something nice, something perfect...
Its hope.

Nobody is perfect,
and its useless pretend to be,
but there are people who see you as if you were,
its the people who love you.

With their help,
and by helping them,
you can become flawless.

As a rainbow,
If you really believe,
You can everything


--------------------------------------------------------

As we grow older, we start to take up more responsibilities.
My 18 year old journey seems to be more hectic than enjoyable, but still its both, i enjoy what I have been doing lately.

Academically, I am doing fine i guess. Although suffered a 0.02 drop on my GPA last sem, but hopefully its just gonna be the only drop and start to pick myself back up. Maybe Jan-Feb exams do feel something extra meaningful to me. Alright, it has been the past, lets get over it.

However, it didnt just stopped at exams, I had a difficult 10 weeks of attachment at IBM. I was confident before going in that i will carry an A with me, due to my richful previous work experiences. Just that sometimes, it doesnt solely depends on you. You can be an ex-manager, ex-CEO or even bill clinton, but there are variables like work environment and your supervisor who you report to that affects you too.

Although I am always looking for wisdom, always love to learn but being someone who loves adventure, I got to admit that long office work isnt my natural habitat. Gladly, it has ended on 30th April, i left with a happy note. Regrets? yes maybe but thats life, we always have regrets because nothing is perfect. I got to say i deserve a pat that I was able to adapt so quickly to what i call one of the 'hardest to please' supervisor. The result isnt out yet, but whatever the outcome is, I tell myself I did well.



On my work profile, I had a couple new collections to add on.
I have been doing 3 jobs together since the start of 2010.

1) Started off with themepark crew @ Universal Studio Singapore since early Jan. Great place to work at, I love the themepark, it suits me. Got a fun and friendly colleagues to mix with, made some acquaintance there too. I would say rather inactive on this job now ever since the main roller coaster attraction went down. Hope it would be back soon.

2) Head on to Mediacorp next with some connections through one of the my friend working in Universal Studio. Started since February when i was coping with exams too. Its great to work under Mediacorp, got to CNA where they call me the 'Freelancer' which is some kind of an all rounder. Assist the producers and editors on shows, interview, transcribing, shooting and stuffs. It definitely looks to be going the right way if I were to go into the media industry in the future. I am going in 3 times a week for that at the moment.

3) Esplanade. I love the job, being an usher is more of a CS job. Flexible and event based, normally get about 1-2 events per week. What makes me feel good is the ambience, the elegance and the art performances that I get to enjoy while working. Started since April although I had my training last year since september. But really hard to get to work there, they got more than 200 ushers! Other than usher job, they do offer other jobs internally to us when there is any availablitiy. Glad to work at esplanade too, it is a sentimental place for me where I had some really good memories, alright its over, lets get over it.

I received some messages and calls from Adam Khoo Coaching, Still in a dilema whether should i take up the job as a coach during the 2 weeks break. I had some really good experience the previous year when I was coaching, and i enjoyed it really much.


On my CCA, squash.
I am still traumatised by the defeat at the competition last september.
But still active in the CCA, trying to have a good work-life balance.


On my own personal part, decided to continue pursuing my goal of becoming an entrepreneur, setting up a business. Have been working different plans here and there with a group of friends. A new plan discussion on media has started once again back a month. A more feasible plan and a more serious note, i believe we are going the right way. I am not going to talk alot here, as it goes- 'dont tell people until you have succeeded'.

Doing all these, I then ask myself again. Is it worth fighting so hard now?

Almost half of year 2010 has gone by, we then reflect back again on the new year goals that we have set for 2010. How many have we really achieved?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.