What are you born to do?

What would you do if someone hits you on your head.
Even if its your boss, on your very 1st day work.

I felt I was humiliated.
I maybe traumatised.

Happily went for my 1st day of work but what a job that I thought it will be really meaningful turned into an idiotic job. What i have found was a photographer assistant job, something different that many fresh diploma graduates would do - sales, admin and customer service. My motive for this job is to learn something new like photography skills, but it wasnt the case. He wasnt looking for an assistant. He was looking for someone to scold at, someone to order and boss around at, a slave. If I helped him with chores, I would have been made an abused maid.

Asking me to set-up on equipments who are really pricey, when I wasnt given any training on it before. He expect me to have that gifted talent that when I see things, I know what to do. You know, for that its ok, i take it like a man. I managed to figure out ways to set it up, slowly. He was pissed by that and started to roll eyes at me. Uh huh, was that a smart thing to do? You cheapo dont wanna invest on training, dont wanna teach. And now you are rolling your 45 year old eyes. Ok i take it like a man. He expects me to anticpate what he wants to do next, when its my fucking first time here working for him.

You know its ok to instruct me, because i am your assistant, but I am not your dog. Say it nicely, but he doesnt know how to do that. He is a fake man, or maybe not even one. I hate fake people. After criticising me, he will definitely add an MSN alike emoicon, ><. For god sake, if you are criticising, do it like a man please. When he ask favour from the hotel ballroom technician, it was the fakest moment i have ever seen. Treating me like a doggie and treating the technician like an emperor. Why does human race have to treat each other differently? We are humans afterall, no one should feel or to be treated inferior or superior. Because we are all the same. If you think money can divide the human race, you have failed in life. Why can we only unite and treat each other equally when we face dangers like tsunami or earthquake? Because thats the only time u wake up and stop thinking about money.

In the mid of the shoot, there was an unpleasant incident that while I was connecting a new light, pulling the extension, another light fell off from 8 feet high. I got to take that blame and i apologised. But when the thing fell, his black face turned blacker, Bao Jing Tian with those typical singaporean kena screwed face cramped into one spot and he gave me a good karate slap from behind through my head. I was sorry and I didnt want to bounce back from the hit as it was my fault.

But subsequently he got the addiction and do such similar actions, he thinks he got the hang of it. When everything ends, I exploded at him. When he thinks he is getting the hang and can treat everybody around him like dogs, i gave him a good session. I could have sue him for 1) violence, it was intentional and deliberate. 2) Worker Abuse, even though he is my employer, he wasnt given the rights to hit me. 3) Insult that caused me bad reputation, he kept scolding these 3 words - bloody, fucker, bastard. Put them together and you get a good combination. All these are good enough to give him a good stay behind the bars. I believe there could be more to add.

After hearing that, he was angry but he kept quiet. He became a good pet and tone down his voice immediately, trying to talk it out to me. Saying I am a good man, a clever guy, read through my credential. How fake can he be, i hate fake people.

I do not know where his attitude came from, could be from young when he got bullied or from the army. But this aint army, this aint your school, this is society where everyone has the rights and justice.

I take this as a valuable experience, taking it like a man. It just tells me one thing, people are designed to do different things. And I cant call myself an all rounder because I was born with a retaliate mind, to avoid scoldings and slaps. With that i told him, "KC, i think i should go." Bye the picture makers.

Thank you once again for letting me vent it all out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.