I am living my story

Chuseok week is over, chuseok meaning the lantern festival. I had both chinese and korean mooncake, but i miss my durian snowskin one terribly.

Last week was a week of fun filled and adventures.
1) Daejeon O world = Amusement park + Zoo + Flowerland + Safari.

We the singaporeans went out with 2 chinese ladies from china - tingting and taozhen. Though the odds were really bad - long bus ride, cold weather of 15 degrees and raining through the day. The summary was we had fun :) The amusement park is very much alike sg's escape theme park. Many rides were closed until night due to the poor weather.

We hop on to the zoo and i found that the animals here are more active than the ones in singapore. I got some nice pictures on facebook too. Oh there was an animal that made me laugh - 草泥马, it sounds alike with a vulgar phrase commonly used by the china people.

Flowerland very much impressed me - they have really nice flowers and places to take some shots and they have a instrument performance every 2 hrs. There were little audience, less than 10. But they still perform as if there were hundreds of them. I did something crazy, going into the water, standing on top of a seal statue to get a nice splashing picture. It was 15 degree + cold water thats why it was crazy.

Last was my first experience of a night safari. We were on a bus and the animals were just beside us, totally no barrier. I was thinking if all of them gang up on us, we would have become their dinner. $30 SGD for this fun. Thumbs up - a must place to go in Daejeon.







2) Gyeryongsan

It was my first mountain climbing experience. What makes it more wow was that i was accompanied with a spanish and chinese(tingting). We spent sometime, about 2 hrs looking for the place, we wanted a shortcut but it backfire resulting in time wasted asking for directions. Well, first mountain climbing experience. The view on the peak was spectacular~ On the way to the top was some tricky and steep steps that we had to use the ropes for assistance. When we go down, i found out my legs were weaking out, shaking. Oh well, first climbing. Anyway it was just one mountain that we did. There are many other mountains at gyeryongsan and many other more at other places in daejeon. Bye bukit timah hill!







3) Seoul - Myeongdong + Seoul Tower

12 hours in seoul, it was just yesterday.
Crazily waking up at 10am, feeling good and doesnt want to spend another weekend in my dormitory room. Grabbed my bag and off i go to the daejeon station asking for a train ticket to seoul. The odds were on my side - i bought the last ticket back to and fro. I spent 50SGD on that anw, fair enough it was the fastest train in korea - KTX. Just took me 50 mins. Zoom off to seoul. On my way, i had an uncertain feeling, so uncertain that i was thinking to myself - will i come back in one piece? I had no phone, i had no form of connection at that point of time. I was dumbfounded. But all i know at that point of time was i am going to have fun today. So no regrets.

When i reached seoul, I had many places to choose to play - so i picked the one nearest to seoul station - myeongdong. They have many good and cheap clothes there. If you are looking for branded stuffs, its all there. I shopped for 5 hours and my earnings were $220 for 10 items. Then i asked myself, i have 4 shopping places to go. If every place i spend 200 dollars. I will go bankrupt there immediately.

I decided to take a rest at cityhall of seoul, looking at the sky on a grass patch with fountain beside me. Thinking through where is my next place to go. I couldnt decipher because there were just too many. So i just walked any where i want. Its very easy, left right up down. I walked and walked till it was 7pm. Saw a tourist center, got the information i needed, and decided to go to seoul tower. Hailed a cab and i was there in 5 mins. I think i regretted going there - i see couples everywhere while i think i was the only lonesome. Next, i wanted to get a jimjilbang, a cheap sauna overnight stay. But there were too much uncertainty that i told myself - I got to go back. I enjoyed myself and then its time for me to go back where i came from. Its really hard to bring 7 shopping bags touring around too. From there, my mind was at peace.

When i reached back to the dorm, i felt real relieved. A sense of achievement that i survived on my own on an adventure. It was my second time shopping alone. I shopped alone once before in sg. and now another one in korea. Some little korean words for survival has helped me for this journey too. I am proud of myself, though it seem little. But thinking back, i have got a different story to tell :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.