Comrades Forever


These memories are too much for me to hold, it was a hard decision. Sorry, but i promise I will be there again.


Ever since december 22 last year when i landed my feet in singapore from korea. I told myself i will be back in 2011. March 2011 I nearly made a move because my family wanted to go but mum chose taiwan in the end. July and August was an agony. Was pondering and planning hard.

After much considerations and discussions with family, friends as well as topher and daniel, came into a conclusion that I will be keeping the money instead. Many thoughts, I wanted to go real bad because the life and moments i had there was unforgettable. Topher was like a little daddy there for me, and daniel was a elder brother where both assured me that I will not be lonely there.

Reason for not going, my mum and sister was opposive, against the idea of me going there again. My mum especially but after some persuasion, she allowed. I even found a great deal of $683 included with tax to fly over on 18 aug to 27 aug, courtesy to Carol who was an ex-tour leader for 10 years. Furthermore topher has already found accomodation for me, which i dont have to pay for my accomodation. Only my meals, transport and other expenses.

But guess too bad I didnt have enough savings. I have enough for this trip, but after that I am sure I am left with nothing much. Though 683 is a good price but thinking of those expenses which estimated to be 400-500. The total amount i am spending is 1100 to 1200. Thats equivalent to 1/2 to 3/4 of my savings. I wanted to go was because the new batch of nyp students will be landing there on 24 aug, would love to show them around.

I was pondering hard, high and low until the final decision came actually from a friend i recently met, claire who is one of the student going there this month. She told me to spend it on other things like driving licence instead. And if its meant to be everything will fall in nicely. With that, i realised it wasnt falling in nicely and it would definitely be more practical to keep those money to myself and spend some quality time with my family before i enlist into army.

You were a great pal topher and daniel, but i have made a decision. Definitely i will be there again someday. With that, i flipped back to my korean phone once again and looked at the last message who came from topher, saying - "Comrades Forever."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.