Awesome!


I can do it!
I was told by my instructor before,... "To test a person true self, give him power."
However that wasn't the case today. No matter how respectful u are towards a person it may just be one side of his character. I respected this person before until today when we had more interaction during games. Made me reflected that power isn't necessary the tool to test someone. With power, some may still put on the acting hat on how a righteous leader should be.

Felt I have been seeing things too much on the surface recently. Often we see many things in a narrow perspective and start to quickly 'brand' someone based on that judgement. The branding could be positive or negative. Until real scenarios happen, more interactions then we start to see someone true self.

Being the head organiser for a group of 24 soldiers today for a cohesion. Usually we would just head down to the movies or some place that ain't much interactive. Hence I planned out 'Running Man' for today's event. Probably did 1 or 2 of such event and seldom take up the role of head-in-charge for these kind of games event but I challenged myself. Overall, apart from some hiccups during the course of event, I still felt everyone enjoyed the games. There was much enthusiasm during the finale of Running Man but I am taking it positively as that means participants are putting in effort.

Recovering well from the hiccup was the key point that I was relieved. I once learned from a colleague of mine when we were camp instructors. She said to the participant, "its the number of times you fell but the number of times you stand back matter". This sentence is still vividly in my mind which has slowly turns into a standard encouragement for myself when I face obstacles.

Though such hiccups are unwanted during event but this exposed me to better situation handling when I face them again in the future. Its always that sentence, "its easier to learn when young than making mistakes when older." I hope to be given such opportunity in the future again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.