Semester 2, Week 12. Exam is near.


Into the end of 12th week of this semester,
I managed to have some personal time.
I was deciding whether to attribute such free time to entertainment or blogging, but felt some memories were necessary at least for a month.

Especially for this week,
It was... one of the stressful week thus far in SMU.
There were a total of 5 assignments needed to be done in a day; 1 test, 1 essay, 1 report and 2 presentations were all done today. It was not easy mentally and physically in an effort to ace all of them.

However there were much fun and I also identified some changes in myself through projects. The most joyful project was "Creative Thinking". It was coincidence that 6 members in our group consist of 5 poly students and a uniquely home school student. Making a dress with recyclable items was our assigned project, much commitment were needed and I enjoyed the process with group members who are communicable in the same channel. Such notion is hard to find in SMU, as much as I hope to end the semester, I would hope to work with such like-minded people in the future.

On the other hand, issue of group member free riding surfaced in another module's group project. As our group was contemplating whether if we should break the news to our professor, I firmly objected. I felt that it does not benefit any good for us to single him out to the professor, but in fact the reverse. If we do that, it will be point of no return. I feel we should always 流条活路,as you never know we will meet again in this small world, furthermore again in school. Yes, I understand my group members feeling unjustified, but we don't have to feel that way. Rather, I felt that it was fortunate to have 4 committed members in the group who can work well together.

This is so unlike the old me actually. If I feel a slight injustice, I would probably be the first stepping into professor office. However I have changed and I am glad with a more ideological perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.