Twist of Fate


Sometimes life test us,
Sometimes these tests are for us to have some memories when we look back on our journey.
Be it good or bad,
as long as it consists you,
I will walk on with you :)


Life gave me a slight push yesterday,
or perhaps a little too much I can handle.
The moments are still vividly in my mind
on what happened yesterday night.
I couldn't balance myself while doing a piggyback,
I fell with panic and bite my tongue.
Landed the fall with my face,
with part of my tongue was bitten off.
After the land, I rolled to my right with my face touching the ground.
Then came a panic stricken yell from sheryl asking if I am alright.
She flipped me back and found I was bleeding in my mouth,
my upper front teeth got a hit too.
Then I gained consciousness,
with her touching my pockets in the search of tissue.
Found it and cleaned myself on the face.

At that moment, my whole mouth was numb.
I felt something amiss, I went into my mouth
and grab that loosen part bit of my tongue
and asked for assurance.
First time she said it was just minor skin came off,
but 2nd time we were sure that there is no skin on the tongue.

We walked a few steps and I kicked onto an item
it was my watch, which was a gift from sheryl.
It was broken and the glass was scratched badly.
From that, I could imagine how bad the fall was.

Decided to take a cab right down to TTSH A&E,
The queue was bad with 1hr 30 mins waiting time.
Doctor said it is a minor injury and should heal within a week.
Gave me an injection that it is still hurting right now.
During the conversation, felt that the doctor is amiss too.
He doesnt speak properly, his pronunciation was not articulate.
Even to the extent that I was skeptical whether he is a doctor.

Claiming from him that I need 1 week rest,
but he only gave me 2 days MC.
And giving me on the wrong date justified my doubts furthermore.
Just like this, a twist of fate.
We were happily talking and having a few drinks,
a happy occasion turned into a disastrous saturday night.

Despite all, I still feel happy and fortunate to have sheryl with me during the whole process. I never felt this blissful in a hospital before :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homesick O' No

We had once upon a time...

Decision.